I am weak for medieval inspired designs and tragic characters, so Ovelia is a perfect cosplay for me. I wanted her to feel very royal so I went with velvet for her cape. Originally i had planned to applique the design on the back, but appliqueing velvet on velvet is insane and a bad idea. Instead a bleached all the designs into the fabric. Bleaching is very difficult as it takes a few minutes for the places you bleach top start to show so it is a lot of blind guessing. I also didn't have enough room at my apartment to lay these out so I may have killed the grass at my parent's house laying this out to bleach and then hose down. I also made a continuous braded velvet trim for the outside which I tied to the front door of my apartment to braid and then had to weave through all the way to my roomate's room to braid in one length.
- Source Material: Final Fantasy Tactics
- Wig: Epic Cosplay Athena in Caramel Brown
- Fabrics: wool tartan, velvet, crepe satin, polyester lining
- Pattern: medieval draped pattern
- Accessories: Paper clay, fun foam and googly eyes
- Finished: July 2013
- Build Time: 3 weeks